Saturday, August 30, 2008

Travels Part 1


I was able to enter the hallowed halls of Ateneo de Davao University after 3 or so years last Thursday. We were supposedly meeting with newbie debaters and help them train for the nationals -- something I also haven't done in about 3 or so years.  

We never got to do the debate training thingy (cause turns out it was exam week, something which they could have conveniently told us like hours before we were supposed to meet with them).  I did get to do one thing do...take a leak off Ateneo's CR after 3 or so years.  Fast forward to that day from the last time I actually took a leak off the CRs, and I'm surprised nothing has changed -- the CRs still stink...or at least the male CRs do.  So for those of you who think Ateneans are these cultured rich kids, don't believe it.  They don't even know how to flush.

-----

I am currently on my second day here in Puerto Prinsesa.  This is actually my second time here.  The first time we came, there was one thing I couldn't believe nor forget -- the airport.  Cause the land terminals were so much better in General Santos City.  I was surprised that with the influx of so many tourists here, the government couldn't even improve the airport.  It was also unfortunate that when we arrived that first time, the conveyors for the luggages were being repaired.  So we had to personally pick our luggages from those trolleys towed by the trucks. 

This second time though at least the conveyors were already working.  But when I went to get a pushcart, a porter stopped me and told me the pushcarts were the porters' personal properties and that I could only use one if I was to hire the porter who owned it.  I mean, what kind of airport doesn't have pushcarts for crying out loud?

I'm headed to the infamous Dos Palmas tomorrow.  Hopefully, that brings a whole lot of great memories.

No comments: